Wednesday, February 24, 2010


Change is a hard thing. Especially when it involves happy memories.
My mother and I put up this border along the wooden back splash
in 1995 I think. It was cut from contact paper. I was in my
Mary Engelbreit stage. As you can see I am not a very good
decorator. Anyway, the point is that I had to remove it the other
day and that was a hard thing to do. My mom passed away in 1996
and putting up that border is one of the last things we did together. I
still miss my Mom. Somehow the world feels a little lonely without her.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you have wonderful memories of your mother. My mother has been gone now for 10 years and I still miss her. I see things that remind me of her and all the feelings come back. If only I had more time with her ... if only we could have done more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have wonderful memories of your mother. Our families are so precious! Thank you for joining me for tea and Happy Valentines Day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete