Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Beginnings

Well January is the time of year for new beginnings. I always feel like I've been given a fresh start-another chance to see if I can achieve those resolutions I keep recycling year after year. As I look back I see that I have made some improvements (if only a little). My resolutions always include losing weight (of course), getting organized and having a quiet time each morning. Each morning this week I have grabbed a cup of coffee and headed to my comfy chair to read my Bible. I use the New Century Version (a translation that is very accurate) which is written in such clear language that it is easily understood. My days have gone so well this week and I think it is because I started them out with God. Hope I will keep up the good start I've made on that resolution. 2009 was a pretty good year for organization. I'm getting better at it thanks to my friend Cindy's help. I look at a particular room that has gotten out of hand (does that happen at your house) and I think "there is no way we can make any sense of all this" but Cindy just gets in there and away we go. Before long everything is grouped together and has a place. I tell her I must seem like a "dirty rotten sinner" to her because the rooms eventually get all cluttered again and we have to do it all over again. She takes it pretty well. (Kind of like how Jesus keeps forgiving me for the same mistakes over and over. That's amazing love.) Anyway, at least now I have some organizing skills (thanks again to Cindy) and can tackle some things by myself. That is an improvement for me. YEAH!
Now about that other resolution. HMMMM I did lose weight but it found me again. So...I am going to try again by eating healthier and eating less. Here we go into a new year--I hope yours goes great for you and I wish you good things, good health and loving friends.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Four posts, I'm impressed! That hydrangea is so pretty. I don't know why I can't seem to grow the mopheads. I've tried several times and they never do well.

    January is the "I can do it" month. February is the "I thought I could do it month". March is the "Forget it" month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to leave my hydrangea alone even though the stems are quite long. I'm afraid it won't bloom if I trim it now. Do you know what time of year it is supposed to be trimmed. That pic was from the year before (2008) Last year I didn't have one bloom and I think it was because I cut it back at the wrong time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you have to trim them back right after they bloom. Actually cutting the blooms and using them in the house is a good way to trim them back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the gardening advise. There is so much I don't know about plants. Good thing you are my BFF. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete